To be the leading Institution representing Workplace Safety and Health professionals in Singapore.
To establish professional development opportunities to enhance the competence and status of our members.
To promote and uphold high standards of professional practice among our members.
Significance of Our Logo
Click here to download SISO's Constiution
Members of SISO shall exercise their responsibilities for the protection of people, property, and the environment with integrity, professionalism and honour. Members are also accountable for following this Code of Ethics.
Always maintain high standards of integrity, impartiality and loyalty in serving or dealing with their employers, employees, colleagues, clients, the public and the Institution;
- Continue to improve their knowledge and competence through education, training and networking and provide professional services only in their area of competence;
- Avoid conflicts of interest and never compromise on their professional conduct;
- Maintain confidentiality of privileged information and not use such information for their personal gain and>
- When speaking or writing publicly, do so in a responsible, truthful, and objective manner and within the parameters of authority granted.
SISO is a professional organization providing representation, promotion, and support for members engaged in the practice of Workplace Safety and Health towards the protection of people, property, and the environment.
The objectives of the Institution are to:
- Develop and promote high standards of professional ethics and practice among members;
- Provide and/or facilitate continual professional development opportunities to enhance the competence of members; and
- Cultivate affiliation and cooperation with other national and international Occupational Safety and Health organisations to encourage and participate in the development of the profession and to position the Institution on par with similar international organisations.
In this Constitution, unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context:
- “Institution” means Singapore Institution of Safety Officers or SISO in short.
- “The Executive Committee” means the management of the Institution constituted under Clauses 13 (MANAGEMENT) and 14 (ELECTION OF OFFICE BEARERS) herein.
- “Member” means paid-up Chartered Fellow, Fellow, Chartered, Professional, Associate, Corporate, or Honorary Member of the Institution.
- “Voting member” means paid-up Chartered Fellow, Fellow, Chartered or Professional Member.
- WSH means Workplace Safety & Health.Words expressing the plural shall include the singular and the masculine gender shall include the feminine gender and vice versa.
- In the event of any question or matter arising out of any point which is not expressly provided for in this Constitution, the Executive Committee shall have the power to use its own discretion and any such decision thus made shall be valid unless otherwise rescinded at a General Meeting.